Differences Between Nursing Homes and Homecare Services
You may be wondering which type of assisted living services to get for your senior loved ones. We know you have a lot of things to consider, so as caregivers in Oregon, we would like to help you decide whether to place your elders in a nursing home or opt for home care instead.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but here are some of their differences:
- allows your seniors to receive care while staying in the comfort of their own homes
- is more private and comfortable
- less expensive, no need to pay for boarding fees
- may require you to get more comprehensive in-home care or a separate medical professional, especially when your seniors have complicated conditions
- is where seniors can stay with others
- allows interactions with other seniors and do activities with them
- will cost more because of board and lodging
- seniors can get both personal care and medical attention round the clock full-time in a residential facility setting with a variety of staff
As their loving family, we know you only want what is best for your elders. Considering your budget and plan of care, you can always weigh which you think can be beneficial for your seniors and what is convenient for you.
For trustworthy home care in King City, Oregon, you can check us out at Always At Homecare, Inc. We provide both nursing and personal care services 24/7, so you can have peace of mind when it comes to your senior loved ones. Contact us now at 503-431-6750.